OUR BROCHURE IS AVAILBLE NOW CLICK HERE for our 5.3 MB pdf that is printable on 11″x17″ or 8.5″ x 14″. The printed brochure should be available at local shops, galleries and at participating artist studios. Look out for our street signage too!
The 2022 qathet region Studio Tour will feature 28 venues with 40+ artists participating in venue order North-to-South. Note that some of the venues feature multiple artists!
Tap on the artist or venue names below to learn more about them, view their selected image gallery, and link to their contact information, websites, social media and venue location on googlemaps.
LUND & AREA
1- TIDAL ART CENTRE: FEATURING. SHIVAUN GINGRAS, KAT THOMPSON & PRASHANT MIRANDA
2- JAN LOVEWELL & RON ROBB – RARE EARTH
3- WENDY DRUMMOND – THREE STONE SOUP
4- KERENSA HAYNES
5- HALEY HUNT-BRONDWIN & LAUREN EVERALL
6- ROCHELLE NEHRING
7- ROY SCHNEIDER
8- EVELYN KIRKALDY
TOWNSITE & CRANBERRY
9- PATRICIA LETTERPRESS GROUP (VARIOUS ARTISTS)
10- LEE MACKENZIE
11- SUSAN CANNING
12- ANNA MAY BENNETT – TURADH FINE ART
13- DESIGNATURE CRUCIBLE GALLERY – ANDY HENDERSON & YEONMI KIM
14- AMPLITUDE ARTS: FEATURING. JASON HYGAARD, KERRI ALMQUIST, CATNIP, PIERRE GAULTIER, MARIA FARMERE
15- JOYCE FURNESS & JANET SOUTHCOTT & HELENA PEDERSEN & KATIE MCLEAN
16- SHELLY IRELAND
17- ANNIE ROBINSON & JOSHUA DEGROOT
18- POWELL RIVER FINE ARTS ASSOCIATION (VARIOUS ARTISTS)
19- MEGHAN HILDEBRAND
20- HARWOOD-LYNN FAMILY COLLECTIVE
21- CARMEN GEHRING
22- SALISH SEA ART COLLECTIVE: FEATURING. SOSAN BLANEY, MEGAN DULCIE DILL AND CLAUDIA MEDINA
SOUTH OF TOWN
23- SONJA KOBREHEL
24- BENTE HANSEN
25- GINA PAGE
26- NORAH LECLARE
27- TIM POOLE & MAGGIE POOLE
28- URSULA MEDLEY
TIDAL ART CENTRE
A place where people can come to nourish their art and themselves; to become inspired & to inspire others. Featuring Prashant Miranda, Shivaun Gingras & Kat Thompson • tidalartcentre.com • email@example.com • 604.414.5954 • Showing at 9971 Finn Bay Road, Lund – the former Forestry building. Mostly accessible.
JAN LOVEWELL & RON ROBB • Rare Earth Pottery
• Pottery • It’s all about beauty; living with beauty, creating beauty, sending beautiful objects into people’s homes. We surrender our forms to the fires – raku or wood – colors and surfaces inducing reverie. Also open July 14 through August, 11 – 4, Thursday – Saturday, or call ahead. • rareearthpottery.ca • 604.483.4806 • Showing at 9644 Quarry Place in Lund. Turn left from Highway 101 at Larson Road, right on Murray & left on Quarry • Wheelchair accessible once you’re up the steep, paved driveway.
WENDY DRUMMOND • Three Stone Soup Studio
Fibre, legacy cloth: linen, denim and wool, art wear, bespoke fashion and home decor• Drummond’s underlying vision is to engage ‘fibre, heart and story’ into every piece, increasing awareness and appreciation of natural, earth friendly, legacy fibres. Also through eunoia fibre studio & gallery or at threestonesoupblog.wordpress.com • 250.415.8564 • Showing at 1495 Sorenson Road • No wheelchair access.
• Painting, drawing, watercolour, ceramics/sculpture • Kerensa Haynes’s eclectic youth informed her way of seeing. She studied Visual Arts & Game Art & Design. She has had over 20 years gallery representation & art fairs. • kerensahaynes.com • firstname.lastname@example.org • @kerensahaynes • FB: Kerensa.e.Haynes • 604-842-8796 • Showing at 3627 Hwy 101, 3 driveways past Atrevida. • Not wheelchair accessible; no washroom.
• Painting and tapestry • Hunt-Brondwin (BFA) has an interdisciplinary practice currently focused in painting and tapestry. Her work explores the qualities of human relationships and our phenomenological and physiological relationship to landscapes and the natural world.• hhuntbrondwinATgmailDOTcom • haleyhb.com • @haleyhbart • Showing at 3645 Atrevida Rd~Follow signs to studio cabin • No wheelchair access.
• Ceramics, drawing • Everall is a ceramic artist with a penchant for drawing and plants who works from her home studio in the trees. Her current clay work ranges from smaller wheelthrown vessels to large handbuilt furniture works: intentional offerings of deep delight and joy • email@example.com • laureneverall.com • @laureneverallstudio • Showing at 3645 Atrevida Rd~Follow signs to studio cabin • No wheelchair access.
• Acrylic painting • Rochelle Nehring is a painter currently working on colorful canvases depicting local westcoast scenery. Her approach is both realistic & expressive. • firstname.lastname@example.org • rochellenehringart.ca • @rochellenehring • FB rochelle.nehring • 604.223.2907 • Showing at 5883 Nass Street • Partly accessible (six stairs & washroom access).
• Oil Painter & Printmaker • Roy Schneider graduated from the Alberta College of Art and Design in 1976 as a fine art print maker and went on to work as a professional illustrator. Now painting landscapes here in Powell River. • studioschneider.ca • email@example.com • 780.516.3448 • Showing at 6421 Hillcrest Ave. (studio is separate and behind main house) • Partly accessible.
• Painting, acrylic, oil, watercolour, mixed media • “I build my acrylic landscapes by mingling layers of drips, dots and spatters, without the limitations of a brush. A deep connection with the natural world are fundamental to my creativity.”• evelynkirkaldyart.com • firstname.lastname@example.org • 604.413.4059 • Showing at 6046 Lund Street • Not wheelchair accessible.
PATRICIA LETTERPRESS GROUP
• Letterpress and relief printing • The Patricia Letterpress Group is interested in sharing antiquarian letterpress printing methods with other creative individuals, and assisting them through presentations, workshops, and open studio time. • facebook.com/patricialetterpress • email@example.com • 778-863-5687• Showing at 5848 Ash Avenue • Fully accessible.
• Acrylic and mixed media painting • Currently charmed by the Historic Townsite as a subject but offering a wide range of styles and themes. Originals and prints as well as useful and decorative items featuring my images. • leemackenzie.com • firstname.lastname@example.org • FB Lee.Mackenzie5 • 604.578.8570 • Showing at 6239 B Walnut St. • Partly accessible.
• Fibre: basketry & woodblock/lino cut prints • “I have been weaving baskets from cedar, big leaf maple and willow bark for the past 5 years. The cedar, willow & maple bark I use are from our local forest and on my property. My baskets are woven using traditional methods. Canadian & European influences are used in modern mixed bark designs.” • email@example.com • 604.414.3907 • Showing at 5834 Willow Ave, basement door on left • Fully accessible.
ANNA MAY BENNETT • TURADH FINE ART
• Landscape Paintings in Oil and Limited Edition Prints • A mid-career artist, Anna works from her gallery, where she produces large-scale landscape paintings of local coastlines and forests. • facebook.com/annamaybennettartist • firstname.lastname@example.org • 604.223.4178 • Showing at Turadh Fine Art, #108, 5831 Ash Avenue • Largely accessible.
DESIGNATURE ART & HOME
• Woodwork, furniture, lighting, recycled wood, upcycling, decor, photography • Multi-disciplinary team Yeonmi Kim and Andy Henderson produce unique creations inspired by sustainable practices and upcycled materials. Functional and decorative interior original artworks! • designature.me • email@example.com • 778.677.1125 • Showing all August at Crucible Gallery 5831 Ash Ave • Across from Townsite Brewery. Fully accessible.
• Photography, painting, sculpture, light projection, multimedia • “We are an art gallery, an art incubator, a collaborative working space for artists, and an event and workshop venue (showing 6 artists)” •amplitudearts.ca • firstname.lastname@example.org • @amplitude.arts • 604.240.6017 • Showing at 6251 Yew St, Unit B. • Mostly accessible.
• Watercolours, acrylics, cards and prints. • An artist of many years specializing in local scenery and landscapes with forays into the experimental.• joycefurnessartscapes.com • email@example.com • 604-485-4029 and facebook messenger (facebook.com/joyce.furness.1) • Showing at Cranberry Seniors’ Centre 6792, Cranberry Street • Fully Accessible
• “An artist of oil and acrylic paintings, charcoal, pen and pencil drawings, I paint the BC coast, from water droplets to blossoms, mushrooms to mountain ranges, to bring images of today into the eyes of tomorrow.” • janetandjanet.ca • 604.414.5994 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Showing at Cranberry Seniors’ Centre 6792, Cranberry Street • Fully Accessible
• Watercolour, ink and acrylics. • “My aim is to evoke my feelings when I am in my element; under the canopy of the west coast rainforest, on a mountain or near the ocean.” • westcoastwildoriginals.com • email@example.com • 604.578.8995 • @westcoastwildoriginals• Showing at Cranberry Seniors’ Centre 6792, Cranberry Street • Fully Accessible
• Drawing, jewellery, photography • “Based in qathet for 20+ years, I love the beauty and colours that I experience every day, in any season or type of weather. I use that as inspiration for my art.” • 604.414.7585 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Showing at Cranberry Seniors’ Centre 6792, Cranberry Street • Fully Accessible
• Alcohol ink painting • “I love to create my original art using alcohol ink in my paintings and on coffee mugs featuring abstract flowing flowers and quirky forms in bold and subtle colours.”• email@example.com • 604 414-8034 • #205-5700 Willow Ave. • My accessible studio is in a condo unit. Must drive around the rear of the parking lot. Visitor parking available.
ANNIE ROBINSON & JOSHUA deGROOT
• Painters • Annie and Joshua make their own materials from botanical and foraged color. Their work expresses landscape (very differently from each other). They work from their home studio in tiskwat. Annie: annierobinson.art • firstname.lastname@example.org • @annieonthewater • 604.910.3321 & Joshua: @joshuadegrootfinearts •email@example.com • 778.886. 3950 • Showing at 5667 Maple Ave • Partly Accessible.
POWELL RIVER FINE ARTS ASSOCIATION
• Potters, Quilters, Weavers, and Mixed Media/Painters • Providing a place where our community comes to learn arts skills through mentoring and workshops. The synergy of many creative minds working together creates a vibrant organization. • prfaa.square.site • firstname.lastname@example.org • @powellriverfinearts • 604.414.9717 • Showing at 5395 Timberlane Avenue (at Hemlock) • Mostly Accessible.
• Acrylic & Watercolour painter & upcycled fashion • qathet RD based artist Meghan Hildebrand has been exhibiting and painting full-time for 25 years. Meghan’s paintings draw on the coastal landscape as a playground for painterly abstraction and vivid narrative. • meghanhildebrand.com • email@example.com • Call/text 604.414.3844 • Showing at 4624-A Willingdon Ave • Accessible except washroom.
HARWOOD-LYNN FAMILY COLLECTIVE
• Painting, Metalsmithing, Photography • Paints and collage, Louise finds expression with her paint brush. A camera with a twist, that’s Ben. Heat and hammer, recycled metal comes to life for Bill and Teresa.• firstname.lastname@example.org • 604.485.5620 • Showing at 7175 Georgia Crescent. Fully accessible.
• Oil Painting • “I am self-taught and started young. I paint portraits, landscapes, still life etc. Now I am a GG Mother! and still at it. I welcome visitors to my Hidden Gem on Huntingdon.” • email@example.com • 604.489.9919 • Showing at 7093 Huntingdon Street • Accessible except for washroom.
SALISH SEA ART COLLECTIVE
• Multimedia installation, paintings, art books • The Salish Sea Art Collective is a group of artists interested in cultural regeneration. Hosting new work by Sosan Blaney, Megan Dulcie Dill & Claudia Medina • salishseaartcollective.ca • firstname.lastname@example.org • 604-414-7020 • Showing at 7280 Kemano St. (PR Academy of Music) Accessible – use back field entrance.
• Acrylic and mixed media paintings, fused glass, glass jewelry, woodworks Sonja is a multiple award-winning artist. Her distinctive style can be seen in every piece she creates, ranging from whimsical iconography to abstraction with always-recognizable brushstrokes.• sonjakobrehel.com • email@example.com • FB:sonja.kobrehel • @sonjakobrehel • Showing at 3135 Bradford Rd. • Mostly accessible, with washroom access.
• Oil paintings, watercolour paintings, sketches, linocut prints, gift cards • Bente is an intuitive landscape painter connecting the world she sees with the beauty of the place and the emotions that the surroundings evoke. Her art is an intuitive approach to transferring this to the viewer. • bentehansenfineart.com • firstname.lastname@example.org • @bentesunshinecoastartist • FB:Bente.Hansen9 • 604.485.5845/ 604.240.6679 • Showing at 7899 Traffe Rd. Fully accessible.
• Printmaking (etchings, linocuts), artists books • “My artwork and poetry are about the natural world, relationships and dream states and the interaction of all three.” Prints and illustrated artists books on handmade paper. Cards available as well. • email@example.com • 604.312.8741 • Showing at 9387 Stittle Road • Not wheelchair accessible.
• Fluid Art Paintings • “Since 2019 Fluid Art has been my go-to for fun! The added bonus is that over 100 people get to enjoy my creative endeavours in their homes.” • firstname.lastname@example.org • lovingcreations.ca/fluid_art_with_norah • FB: norahfluidart • 604.487.0177 txt 604.483.8243 • Showing at 2140 Black Point Rd • Partly accessible
TIM POOLE & MAGGIE POOLE
• Photographic prints, acrylic and watercolour paintings, fabric art. • Tim Poole’s nature and landscape images have gained him a reputation for artistry and excellence. • Maggie Poole’s paintings are inspired by the coastal scenery as well as by the play of light on still life objects. • email@example.com • 604 413-8149 • Showing at 10845 Hwy 101 • Partly accessible.
• Painter • oil painting: landscape, plein air, figure, floral, still life • Medley’s oil paintings are inspired by the natural world and by the environment around her. She is a passionate art educator offering painting classes at her beachside studio. • ursulamedley.ca • firstname.lastname@example.org • FB:Ursula-Medley-Artist • @ursulamedley • 604.223.0448 Showing at 10989 Dunlop Road (off Phillips Road in Lang Bay) • Partly accessible.